Not Knowing



12 mm diameter - Mosaic gold in sterling silver
Email for Purchase Info

I often don't know where I'll be, or what I'll be doing in the way most people tend to do. While no one can truly say they know where they will be in six months or a year in one sense, I tend to know less than most. I truly have zero idea of where I'll be in October, nor what I'll be doing. Getting used to not knowing has actually been one of the hardest things about being nomadic. I'm constantly trying to build my life and career up, but doing so is very different when one isn't tied to a locale, as the results aren't always the tangible sort we tend to use as benchmarks in our culture. 

The not knowing used to really bother me. And it still does, often. However my sister, not so long ago, asked me to imagine how I'd feel if I knew exactly where I would be for every day of the next 2 years. That didn't feel so good to me either. Evidently, I'm getting more used to not knowing. 

Maybe someday I'll fully embrace it, as I'd like. 

Comments