Coming Together




50mm diameter - Mosaic gold, Venetian glass cabochon in sterling silver
Email for Purchase Info


I am often aware of how much what I do for a living is a metaphor for life. I take small pieces, shape them how I want, and put them together. Sometimes I'll be working away, then pull back and see how it looks as a whole, and realize that one piece needs to be pulled out and replaced with something else. Sometimes the pieces just don't fit at all, no matter how hard I try and I have to rip it all out, put the whole mess aside and take a break until the next day. Sometimes it all comes together so beautifully it's like the mosaic is singing. 

Life is like that. You put the various components of your lives together. Sometimes it all works so well it's like magic. Sometimes you want to chuck the whole lot. Make no mistake, we might not always get to pick the pieces we are given, but we can chose what to do with these pieces, be it use them as is, shape them into something that fits for us, or toss them out. In the end, it all comes together in a crazy, stunning, glorious thing called a life. 




Comments