Offering


30mm by 30mm - Mosaic gold in sterling silver
Email for Purchase Info

Another travel inspired piece today! When I was Bali, there were spiritual offerings everywhere, not only in temples, but also just placed on the sidewalk. Due to the sheer volume of these,walking down the street in Bali is a bit of an obstacle course, resulting in a rather lively dance to avoid trodding on one. According to my guidebook, it wasn't an offense to step on them, but they were so lovely, and created so lovingly, that it seemed  wrong anyhow. I particularly enjoyed that many of the offerings contained a Ritz cracker. Evidently food is required in an offering, and very often Ritz or Mini Ritz was the food of choice. I'm sure my father would approve, as he loves Ritz crackers. The local street dogs certainly did!



Comments