Monday, July 27, 2009

"Teeny Bit of Pride" - NFS

Approx. 1 3/4" by 1 3/8" - Dichroic glass, stained glass, filati and marble on sterling silver base
Okay, so I jumped the gun on returning to the mosaic a day project. I just wrapped up a week of teaching in Red Deer, AB. My students were amazing, and produced wonderful mosaics, despite most of them having no experience with the medium.
This piece is a commission based on a pendant that I sold at the SAMA conference. Both pendants are based on a piece I did a few years back, called "Pride", a huge peacock feather with a marble background. I may need to create one of these pendants for myself someday....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Margo,

If you don't mind my asking, where do you get the silver bases for your jewelery? They are just fantastic! I don't see anything near that quality in my supply books. Beautiful work! I love seeing your new mosaics each day!

Margo Anton said...

I get them from Tiles and Tools in the Netherlands. Scroll down the blog to find the link under the list of suppliers.