Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Shards"

6" by 7" - Marble, mosaic gold (reversed), amazonite, glass
I'm still enjoying creating these rhythmic pieces, but decided to mix it up a little by varying the marble color in a non random, deliberate way. I always want these pieces to impart a sense of tranquility, and this one does that, I think.
On another topic, I will be taking a break from mosaic a day beginning later this week to work on a large backsplash project that I've been putting off. I would be happy to blog my progress on that if people are interested. Let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margo,

Love this piece!

And yes...please do blog the W.I.P. of the backsplash. Fun to follow along and watch the progress.

Love your mosaic a day, by the way. Its fun to see them in my in-box everyday!

cheers,
Alissa

Keltie said...

Margo -- yes, absolutely blog the backsplash. I'd love to see how it takes shape.

Best,
Keltie